Sunday, November 30, 2014

I have a new Tele body, pre-relic'd. I have a six-saddle bridge. I have six ferrules, which hold the...

I have a new Tele body, pre-relic'd. I have a six-saddle bridge. I have six ferrules, which hold the ends of the strings on string-through designs.



I tried to install a spare neck I had floating around, but it was slightly too wide for the pocket and was Strat-style, which means it has a curve where it meets the body in the pocket, while Teles are square there.



I pulled the neck off my HH Tele, and it fit the pocket perfectly, but the screw holes are a quarter-inch off, and I'd have to drill holes in the neck to handle it, which I'm not willing to do right now.



My goals for tomorrow's hack time are:



* Pull apart and re-assemble my pedalboard in preparation for the coming DigiDelay (ships Dec 10, I'm told). Big changes are volume pedal before distortion and my signal pad last, to allow it to be drop-to-apartment-volume at home and kill-switch playing out.

* Drill three holes to allow the installation of the bridge on the new Tele body, and use a soldering iron and a little brute force to get the ferrules into the body.

* Try to decide what to do about control plates and pickguards on this guitar. I have an old license plate I'm planning on using, a bit like a Thinline Tele pickguard, but then I'd have to cut off "Indiana" or flip it upside down, and neither is something I want to do.

* Take pictures of this work.

* Test cables and tag ones that need work. If possible, fix bad cables.

* Since I'll need my guitar and amp to test the pedal order and cables, I'll set up and test a "treble bleed" circuit, which allows you to turn the volume down without losing the high end. It's a .002 capacitor and 100k resistor soldered to the first two lugs of the volume pot. We'll see how much of a difference it makes.




No comments:

Post a Comment