Saturday, April 6, 2013

I've been listening to startup pitches recently, and when you listen to startup pitches in a college ...

I've been listening to startup pitches recently, and when you listen to startup pitches in a college campus, you see students dealing with their problems, including this one: generally, grocery stores are miles away and schools discourage students from having cars, which makes the process of buying food a pain. Pizza delivery, I believe, started in a campus, and it certainly thrives there.



(If there was a good solution that scales enough to make it worthwhile after graduation, there would be an established solution. There isn't. Anyway.)



This piece from the Evernote blog covers just that point. The tech sector has skills and gifts, which serve also as blinders.



I serve as web team/social media guy for TEDxPurdueU, and we're starting to gear up for the event, and we have a core group party line set up with GroupMe, which behaves like an IM client for those with smart phones and sends and receives SMS to those with old school phones. Coolness, right? I've done some work with XMPP and Twilio. I could have written something like that. Didn't. Didn't think about it, because I've just hit the need to use a tool like this right now.



Anyway, a great reiteration of my point that some folks like me are better with how than what.




No comments:

Post a Comment