Wednesday, January 9, 2013

So, I was invited to talk about Perl to a local general software group, and that talk was yesterday. ...

So, I was invited to talk about Perl to a local general software group, and that talk was yesterday. One of the questions was, "If you were to teach someone programming, why would you teach them Perl?"



I was at a loss. I've been programming in Perl for half of the 30 years it's been in existence. Perl has been very very good to me. But, right now, I'm kinda starting to get into that question with my elder two sons, and I'm more looking at Arduino/Processing (because making things move is fun) and Java , God help me (because my middle kid is beginning to look into programming Android).



So, does anyone else have a good answer to that question?




No comments:

Post a Comment